Healthy Chef Paella
1 onion, diced
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, smashed
1 tsp smoked paprika
pinch ground cinnamon
pinch chilli powder
1 red capsicum, chopped
800g chopped tomato or tomato purée
450g cherry tomatoes, halved
400g firm white fish fillet, cut into chunks
400g king prawns, peeled and deveined with tails intact
400g zucchini, sliced
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
1 cup water
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
Bunch of chopped coriander
1 lemon or lime, cut into wedges
1. Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
2. Add the paprika, cinnamon, chilli and capsicum, and cook for a further minute.
3. Add the tomato purée and cherry tomatoes, then simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the seafood, zucchini, asparagus and water. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until fish and prawns are cooked.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add peas and coriander just before serving.
7. Serve with lemon or lime wedges and enjoy.
Not a fan of seafood? Organic skinless chicken is a good substitute for the fish and prawns. Vegetarians can add 1 to 2 tins of cooked black beans and a little sweet corn.
Per serve: 982kJ; 40g protein; 12.2g carbs; 7.6g fibre; 5g total fat (0.5g sat fat)